Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

My UI

As I mentioned previously, my UI is, in general, a mess. It's definitely improved today over just a couple weeks ago, but I still have a long way to go yet. Here's a screenshot:




 First of all, here's all the addons I have installed :

Ackis Recipe List (a very very useful addon for crafters)
Altoholic (since I am an altoholic)
ArkInventory (brand new, just installed last week but I'm loving it)
Atlas
AtlasLoot
Auctioneer (I seriously have trouble functioning without this one)
Bartender4 (Also recently installed, it's helped make my UI cleaner by itself)
BonusScanner Continued
CensusPlus
Deadly Boss Mods
Decursive
Enchantrix
Fishing Ace!
FlightMap
Gatherer
Informant
Junkster
LightHeaded (super valuable quest data)
LilSparky's Workshop (ties in with Auctioneer and gives cost vs. average sale price for each item in crafting, very useful)
Mapster
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (Way, way more useful than the default SBT)
Omen3
OmniCC
Outfitter
Overachiever
Postal
Power Auras Classic (don't actually have anything setup anymore, not since 4.0.1, but have it in case I want to)
Quartz (not even sure I need OmniCC  and this, but I depend on this for the casting bar, might experiment with turning off OmniCC sometime and see)
RatingBuster
RecipeKnown
Recount
TomTom
VuhDo

As you can see, I'm an addon addict. However, there's only one where I won't logon the game if it's not working, and that's VuhDo. I depend on it when I'm healing. I'm sure I'm perfectly capable of healing using other means, but I'm not setup to do it and I would have to adapt. Much easier just to wait until that patches up.

I'm sure I have the tools to put my UI in order in a way that's both beautiful and functional, but for the moment I've just got functional. That, of course, is what matters most as far as I'm concerned.

I know I don't have that many readers yet, but any who are, do you have any suggestions?

http://chum.ly/n/473a28

3 comments:

Cryptic said...

Hi, I just found your blog through BA, and I like it. It's amazing seeing all these new blogs springing up before cataclysm. This makes me want to do a ui post. I agree about not wanting to play when my raid frames aren't working.

It looks like you have really taken a good first step toward cleaning up your ui. But since you asked, I will make a few suggestions.

It still feels a little cluttered. Start in the upper right hand quadrant (map, buffs, quest tracker, and recount). If you like the map and buffs there I think that's fine especially with many of the buff frame addons not allowing you to click things off. You can get an addon called 'MoveAnything' to move the quest tracker somewhere more out of the way and I would move recount as well. You can also move your chat box down a little more. After that just tighten up your buttons and you would be closer in my opinion.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cryptic! I'll definitely see what I can make of those tips. :)

Porkchop said...

Heyo, love the blog, looks great! I am so dependant on my addons that if they break I have to stop playing untill they're updated. I totally agree with not being able to live without vuhdo. That is a must. I also use a great ui addon that does so many awesome things. It's called NUI by Scott Piel and you can find it over at wowinterface dot com. It works especially well for me becuase my laptop is widescreen. It is another one I feel completely inept without.